The Borough must minimize any impact by pollutants to the storm water system by ordinance. A pollutant can be identified as the following: fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides, waste products of vehicles such as oil and anti-freeze, and sediment pollution from construction sites or any earth moving activity.
Scottdale needs your assistance. We must eliminate any illegal dumping of hazardous chemicals, pesticides and herbicides. The Borough must develop and implement a Storm Water Management Program that meets the following minimum control measures:
- Public education and outreach on storm water impacts
- Public participation and involvement
- Illicit discharge detection and elimination
- Construction site runoff control
- Post-construction storm water management in new development and redevelopment. For additional information about the Stormwater Program please contact the Borough Office.